Frequent questions from our customers and the best answers we offer them.
1. Do I have to sit an English Proficiency Test?
In some countries like Australia and the USA, regardless of your good grades in English at “O” level, an English Proficiency Test is insisted on.
2. Is it possible to work as I study in the country I go to study?
In most countries, a student is allowed to work but normally the hours are limited to 20 hours a week during school time though one may work longer hours during school holidays. Getting a job is not guaranteed. So, one should not necessarily depend on it to pay school dues. Working is a privilege and not a right.
3. What options of accommodation do I have?
You have 3 options:
- Home stay – This is where you are given an opportunity to stay with an Australian family. They offer a safe and caring environment.
- On-campus – Usually sharing an apartment (4 – 8 bedrooms), where you are given your own bedroom, but you share the kitchen, bathroom(s) and living areas with other students.
Off-campus – This is where you stay off the campus and the options include house or unit/flat rentals or hostels. Costs vary depending on size, quality and location.
4. Isn't there racism in the country am going to study from?
No. Universities that accept International students like you, are colour blind.
5. I have never been on a plane. How can I be helped?
Emjeks Edu Plus Consultancy holds mandatory pre-departure counseling session for this purpose. Many students are like you and are very scared of the unknown. In these sessions, the students and parents are free to ask any question concerning their expectations and fears about their maiden travel abroad
6.How do I get my Student Visa? What about the travel arrangements?
We are dedicated to helping our students with their visas. We will provide you with the student visa form, as well as a detailed document requirement list. We will counsel you on what documents will be needed. Please endeavor to provide correct information to speed up your visa.
After the visa is acquired, then we go ahead with the travel arrangements. We may be able to negotiate a one-way student ticket with some airlines. We arrange for airport pickups and first night accommodation when you land at your new destination.
7. What is Emjeks Edu's obligations upon departure and arrival to my destination?
Emjeks Edu plus will provide you with pre-departure training that will help you adjust accordingly to your new environment.
We will arrange airport pick up and organize your registration procedures for convenience.
And we will continue to mentor and monitor you during your entire duration course.
Get in Touch
Our key objective is to create success stories for students and add value to our partner institutions.