Study In the United States Of America (USA)
EMJEKS EDU PLUS Study Program
The US is the most sought-after study destination in the world. More international students study in the USA than any other country, and for good reason. While many of the world’s top institutions reside in the US, there are also more than 4,000 other world-class universities offering a top-notch education that can lead to career success. The US remains the source of most of the world’s ground-breaking developments in technology, business, arts, and beyond. Below are just some of the reasons that students choose the US.
See why you need to study in USA
Quality Education and Unique Curriculum
US education is recognized all over the world. 30 of the top 100 best world universities are located in the US, as ranked by Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings for 2015/2016. One of the reasons students at US universities are so successful upon graduation is because they were educated in the “liberal arts”. This means a focus, not just on a specific major, but on other subjects such as various maths and sciences, philosophy, history, and literature.
The benefit of liberal arts is that it prepares you for more than just your immediate career plan. It helps make you a smarter, more thoughtful, more successful person, able to succeed in a job in your major or thrive in some other field. You might become a manager, start your own business, or accomplish anything else that interests you. It provides limitless possibilities upon graduation.
It is a diversed country
US universities place great significance on diversity, meaning classes will consist of students of all ages, religions, and countries of origin. This provides a stimulating and rich learning environment which encourages cross-cultural understanding and networking. Most classes will contain no more than 20 students and the professors will take the time to get to know students and support their learning even outside the classroom.
There is also always a very active social life on US campuses, with many clubs and organizations students can join that will help further career opportunities and allow interaction with students who have similar tastes and interests. The US overall is such a mix of cultures and that makes it an interesting place to study and to live. In many cities and towns, you will find varied cuisines and entertainment for everyone, whether it be international sports, world famous music festivals, or amazing art galleries and museums.
International students in the US can work in a job on campus up to 20 hours a week. Most find that their time is better spent taking internships, or Curricular Practical Training, which allows students to work for university credit in a job in a related field. Nearly every university, even those not located in big cities, has employees dedicated to helping students secure internships.
All US universities also offer numerous extra-curricular activities that provide real-world job experience. This could include writing for the school newspaper, participating in science fairs, joining the debate team, and much more. The idea is to give you practical experience to hone what you learn in class. This becomes invaluable when interviewing for a job.
All US institutions have a career services department staffed with professionals focused on helping students with their CV, teaching job interview skills, and helping them find job opportunities, both during and after their studies.
English is the primary language spoken in the US and all courses are taught in English. Students can develop their skills and become more desirable to employers. Most US campuses offer English language courses specifically for international students, as well as study groups and mentoring programs where students can practice their language training.
Amazing innovation and Research
The US is at the forefront of scientific and creative innovation. Large research institutions in the US, in particular, offer opportunities for students to work side-by-side with their professors and apply what they are learning in the classroom in the lab or workshop. US institutions proudly support the fieldwork their faculty is doing and information is readily available on research opportunities students can undertake.
Thanks to the sheer size of the US and the large number of institutions, there is a perfect fit for each type of student. Huge, sprawling campuses that feel like cities, and small, intimate campuses that feel like a collection of close friends. Tropical islands, arid deserts, snowy plains; the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Manhattan. In the US, there is truly something for everyone and every type of learner.
Popular with International students
The US has welcomed millions of international students so knows what they need and has the support network in place to make you feel as welcome as possible. US universities have decades of experience with international students from all over the world. Our world is only becoming more international so understanding of other cultures is key to a student’s future success.
10 Reasons to study in the USA
1. World class institutes – America consistently holds the top spots for the best universities in the world, which says a lot about the quality of post-secondary education. Those who study at American universities will be happy to know that their credentials will be universally recognized.
2. International opportunities –The USA is home to many different kinds of people from all over the world. As a result of the winning combination of a diverse population, the best brains in the world, high quality institutes and being home to the world’s biggest metropolises, the USA may be your launch pad to an international career.
3. Easy transition from Canadian culture –Though cultural differences do exist between America and Canada, there are many similarities: political structure, approaches to teaching, and the respect of freedom are some of things we have in common. As a result, Canadians do not have many barriers to integrating comfortably into American society.
4. Diverse society –America is home to people of every country. The well mixed society will allow you to integrate into American society.
5. Support for international students –The US is home to the world’s largest number of international students, and to support this population, there are many resources in place that make studying in the USA as easy as possible.
6. Conversational, broad-based education –The American curriculum emphasizes that students be well-rounded individuals so that they can learn life skills that are applicable to many professions and situations.
7. Wide variety of programs to study – Due to the sheer number of people and post secondary institutes in America, no other country can rival the USA in the diversity of the programs it offers. If you are looking to study something very specific, chances are there is a school that offers that program in the USA.
8. Unique culture –The “American Dream” is a popular ideal in many countries, and the USA is the only place where you can try your best and reach it.
9. Flexible study programs –It is common that students enroll in community colleges for 2-3 years before transferring into a nationally ranked university, so they have time to discover and explore the topic of their choice. The result is a very flexible, accommodating degree that you can customize to suit your interests.
10. Be highly sought after by employers –According to universitiesintheusa.com, “More than 50% of undergraduates from American private universities immediately pursue postgraduate education, while 98% of the remainder secure positions in their chosen careers within six months of graduation.” Obtaining an American degree is a signal to employers that you are a worthy candidate for their company.
NG: Suit 303c/503b, Hebron Plaza, Gudu District, Gudu, FCT-Abuja. Nigeria.
UK: 35 Bridge Croft, Birmingham, B12 9EQ
NG - Whatsapp: +2348098075019
Get in Touch
Our key objective is to create success stories for students and add value to our partner institutions.